Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Civic Duty

So I went and voted today. It was a small local election, but I was proud to be part of the 3% who cares anyway. Actually this may be a little bigger here as it is the mayoral election. Unfortunately the only real source I had for the two candidates' positions was the IU student newspaper which seemed to think I cared how they felt about taxes on alcohol. (I don't.)

Anyway, when I walked in I felt like a hero since there was one (1) of me and 6 (six) volunteers waiting for me. By golly were they happy to see me. VIP treatment and everything. Ok, not really, but they were ecstatic to have someone there. Since there were only four races and two of them were uncontested, it was a breeze. I was out like a flash, and then I went got my oil changed.

All in all a very constitutional day.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Dude, update your blog. Or do we have to wait until the next election day?

melissa said...

No, seriously. New post, please. :)